Saturday, December 24, 2011

The Eternal Return

So the worst semester of grad school is finally over and I can return to this.  I have been really trying as I finish the last 100 pages this month to really think thematically what might I draw out of this post-modern novel.  It has definitely been a struggle along the way to piece the text together.  But as I've been compiling a note book with my annotations and my book notes in one place to look for themes I have realized there is so much play with temporality in the text, that it is meant to be utterly dis concerning and very hard to pin point time, history, characters through the multiplicity of narratives.  I think that this is done to really allow for a plurality of story lines, characters and ideas to flourish.  There is so much play between type of text, i.e plays, poems, and prose, that I believe this also helps to play with this concept.  I have really been enjoying the end of the text so far and I am slowly working towards actually writing what one might be able to consider an academic paper soon, but it is still slow going and a struggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment